[mea] Re: Are you ok with this sentence?

THAT's it! My dad used to quiz us on those when we were kids.

I saw online "A redaction of editors" -- I like that one!

From:
Karen McElrea <karenmcelrea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Subject:
[mea] Re: Are you ok with this sentence?
Sent by:
mea-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Really? An unkindness of ravens? That's beautiful.

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:05:16 -0600
Subject: [mea] Re: Are you ok with this sentence?
From: mhudek@xxxxxxxxx
To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Murder of crows
Unkindness of ravens
(I've always loved that one.)

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM, <cheri.frazer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's a fun one!

A correction (collection, with an accent) of editors
A brace of editors
A bracket of editors
A nitpick of editors
A murder of editors (no, that's crows--or is it ravens? I think it's
ravens)
Ha, a caret of editors!

I think I need to go home.

From:
Karen McElrea <karenmcelrea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Subject:
[mea] Re: Are you ok with this sentence?
Sent by:
mea-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, yes, except the skier is in no position to be critical (that
particular usage always bugs me). As opposed to a gaggle of editors ...
what is the correct term for that, by the way?

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:08:25 -0600
From: Carl.DeGurse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It?s a ?don?t read me? headline.  Nothing new in this news story.  But
it?s possible the headline writer was stuck topping a nothing-new story
and responsibly wrote a headline that is bland yet accurate.

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:18:25 -0600
From: acogg@xxxxxxx
To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Where's the like button, Karen?
...Arden
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Karen McElrea <karenmcelrea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I would object to a sentence of that construction, which I believe are
incorrect in any context.

To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mea] Are you ok with this sentence?
From: cheri.frazer@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:32:53 -0600

"Burke tore a vertebral artery, which are located in the neck and supply
blood to the brainstem ? the back part of the brain which controls
consciousness."

(From
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/skiing/story/2012/01/12/sp-burke-skiing-injury.html
)

Would you consider that construction perfectly ok, a colloquialism /
grammatical shortcut, or would you consider it wrong no matter what?

Just curious.
-C.

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged.
It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting
business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify
the sender by replying to this message and then delete the information
from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."