[mdmars_members] //MARS R/ SMD 11-82 REMINDER ABOUT ADMIN NET

  • From: John AAA3MD <aar3ck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MDC_MARS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:48:59 -0400

DE  AAA3MD  NR 11-82
R 211430Z OCT 2011
FM  AAA3MD
TO  ALL MDC
BT
SUBJECT: //MARS R/ SMD 11-82 REMINDER ABOUT ADMIN NET

Good morning, All -

This is a reminder that the MDC admin net, A3J, is conducted every Saturday afternoon at 1900Z on KCI. This is really a good net to be in, as there is often a lot of information available and more importantly, a chance to talk about it. The net runs for 1 hour but can actually go over if we need the extra time.

This week's net will feature some traffic from the Fort. As you are all aware, this week was the beginning of data transmissions of information from the Fort in both 110A and RTTY modes. Not all of us have been able to hear them, much less copy the traffic. We are bringing the traffic to the admin net this Saturday so you will have an opportunity to accomplish several things. First, you get a chance to receive it directly at your station. Second, you get a chance to experiment with the 110A and RTTY mode settings so you can properly receive the traffic. If you do not know what these settings are, or do not have the right software, we can make some suggestions that will not cost you any money. If you do have the software, then we will go over the proper settings on the net for all of us so we are on the same page.

This traffic exercise may take up a good part of the net, but that's OK. It is a good environment to do this kind of thing, especially for those of us who do not have the time in our schedules to access nets like A3F.

Please let me know if you need further. Otherwise, see you on the air tomorrow!

73,

John  AAA3MD
BT

NNNN