[mdmars_members] Re: //MARS R/ AFTER ACTION REPORT - HURRICANE IRENE and commentary

  • From: J Sears <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

Well I tried to get you to come to NIH when they had their exercise but
basicallyit is much of the technology they used.  I even remoted the 480 over
their 2ghz link and operated it about 200 ft

INterestingly enough it is real simple to link the 480 and use it as a remote
base.. they have a VHF/UHF radio that already does all of the hard part. You
just use a special cable and hook both radios together