[mdmars_members] Fw: bumps in the road

--- On Wed, 8/12/09, Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: bumps in the road
To: "'Charles E. Iliff, Jr.'" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gary Hendrickson'"
<w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mary McCann'" <mmccann@xxxxxxxx>, "'TERRY TEDORE'"
<terrytedore59@xxxxxxx>, "'Sandra McCann'" <sandradmccann@xxxxxxxxx>,
vdbellmediator@xxxxxxx, "'Lynn Knight'" <lknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fred
Lagno'" <train@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Renee Rucinsky'" <arpest7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: achess@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 11:17 PM

HS Associates,

Today we learned that Scott has some source of internal bleeding that has
developed over the past few days.  The doctors ordered a CAT scan of his
abdomen today to try to locate it but the scan was negative.  Meanwhile,
unbeknownst to me until tonight, Scott has a blood clot in his left leg which
is why he has been getting daily shots of blood thinner.  I thought the shots
were merely precautionary but tonight I learned that the clot was diagnosed at
Shock Trauma prior to his discharge to Kernan.  Because of the bleeding, they
now need to stop the blood thinner but that poses a risk given the clot.  So
they are talking about transporting him back to University to insert a blood
filter – possibly tomorrow.  They will also be running additional tests to try
to find the source of the bleeding.  I’ll keep you posted.

KDM
Kathleen Duckett McCann
Law Office of Kathleen Duckett McCann, LLC
160 Shields Lane
Queenstown, Maryland  21658
410-827-5622