[Maul of America] Aggressive Whining is Back in Town

  • From: GCCR <robustoman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maulofamerica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:02:02 -0500 (EST)

I caught a Red Wings game the other night. Sat in the first row, of the
upper bowl seats at center ice (best place to watch a hockey game).

I made the following observations:

- The songs played at the Joe Louis Arena during time-Outs our way too
OLD - Song list included Chubby Checker, Johnny Cash, a "British
Invasion" band...nothing even approaching 1990.
- The Jumbo-tron was a bit skittish - it kept blinking in and out
- Shirt cannon pathetic - the Red Wing "assistants" came out on the ice
between periods to fire shirts into the stands. However, the dolts
couldn't get the shirt cannons to fire properly...only one or two made
it to the upper bowl (those rich people in the lower bowl don't need
free shirts!!). They ended up tossing shirts over the glass.
- The scoring slot for "Score-O" was about five inches high by three
feet wide. Hardly exciting. In my day, the "Score-O" slot was barely
larger than the puck itself.
- People could win Zamboni rides between periods. Why would anyone but
a child want to win such a prize? I saw a number of adults taking rides
which SHOULD have been awarded to kids.
- And, of course, the age old question: should an adult male get a
professional team jersey personalized with a real player's name and
number on the back? Isn't that like a girl in high school wearing her
boyfriend's varsity jacket. Everytime I see a man wearing a
personalized jersey, I think "Hey, it's Steve Yzerman's girlfriend."

--
Posted By GCCR to Maul of America at 2/15/2007 01:02:00 PM