[macvoiceover] Re: what mouse tracking option to check in snow leopard

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:46:45 -0500

The mouse cursor has never had anything to do with shutting down for me. In fact, I can start shutdown with ctrl-eject and just hit enter and I will shut down even though vokeys is on the dialog question and the keyboard focus is on restart. I personally usually prefer "moves voiceover cursor" instead of "ignores" but you'll have to experiment and see what works for you.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

On Sep 7, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, David had said that either choosing ignores mouse cursor, or moves mouse cursor would get around the problem of not seeing all the items in a given menu, but my question is, that if I select one of the other options, if I'm in a dialog, like the shut down dialog, will I be able to select that button, by pressing vo space bar on it, because, thus far, I've never had a situation where I've had to power down, and I don't want to be in that situation if I can help it, and I did that a lot in leopard, especially at the beginning, and with the two shut down options in leopard, there were times when I'd press shut down, and it apparently would go in to the shut down ellipses, and I would lose speech with voice over, so just wondering about this, because it would also make it more difficult to know if I would have to move the mouse to a control to activate it, as I have the mouse tracking on ignores cursor. Thanks in advance.