[macvoiceover] using text edit

  • From: Candie Stiles <cstiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:33:05 -0500

Thank you
so much for the suggestions you have given me about downloading older itunes podcasts. What word processor do some of you use to create documents on the mac? So far I have been doing some experimenting with text edit. I can't seem to find the program in the dock. The only way I can locate it is by going to spotlight and searching for it that way? Does anyone know an easier way to get to it? Also, what type of font is commonly used when creating documents that will be printed out? I know I can press VO T to here the text attributes, but how do I double space a document and make sure it is definitely double spaced. I checked in the help menu to see if I could find a list of keyboard short cuts,but couldn't seem to find anything.
On Nov 4, 2009, at 1:36 PM, matthew dyer wrote:

Hi,  I have the same problem.  Idf I read the message line by line it
works fine.  I would just love to be able to have vo read the hole
message without all the possing.

Matthew

On 11/4/09, Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In keyboard commander inside vo utilities, I set up right option key
with the letter z to read visible text.

When I open an email, I press option-z and the email reads just fine
for me.

Hope this helps!  Marcy

On Nov 3, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Laura wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to know that, too. I tend to read my email using the
read by paragraph commands, and in those messages where you'd get the
pauses, VO only reads a line or two at a time, rather than the whole
paragraph. It's a little bit frustrating.
On 3 Nov 2009, at 23:30, Jim Fettgather wrote:

Control Option P works great for keeping the sylables in words
together, but I am still plagued by the distracting pauses at the
ends of lines.
Not all mail,, just some mail.
I sure wish I knew what makes some of the mail read great, 100%
perfect, just like a web page, and other messages so horribly
disjointed that it's painful to listen to.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Troia" <samtroia@xxxxxxxxxxx>