[macvoiceover] Re: using bookshare on the Mac

  • From: „Carlos Taylor <cetaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 00:15:08 -0400

I found the answer to my question. I need to interact with the text area before pressing ccontrol option a to begin reading from the cursor. Pressing control option a without interacting with the text area first begins reading from the beginning of the document.

On May 6, 2007, at 12:04 AM, „Carlos Taylor wrote:

Okay. I played with it more and did get it working. hmmmm At any rate, I'm glad this works well. Saving the material as html is the best way to go for now since text edit aaand iText Express can open html documentss.

This leads me to my next question. When I conduct a find command in text edit and get the cursor on the text I wish to begin reading from, I am having difficulty reading the text from the cursor to the end of the document. CControl Option a begins reading the document from the beginning. I'll have to explore the Voice Over commands to see if there is a command to begin reading from the ccursor position.

On May 5, 2007, at 10:19 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

I just tried this and found the unpacker utility fully accessible, I was able to read all the screen, navigate to the button and navigate teh open file dialog.

I do suggest that you save the books as HTML unless you have some means of reading text only daisy book.

Joe: If your reading this what is the status of Katieplayer. What about he Cocoa version? Will it be able to read bookshare's rather odd DAISY/NISO 2005 text files?

Greg
On May 5, 2007, at 20:11 , „Carlos Taylor wrote:

I am a subscriber to bookshare.org. I found a utility on their site for unpacking bookshare material. However, I am not having much success with it. I already downloaded the stuffer expander utility to install the unpack utility, but I'm still haveing trouble. The controls do not appear to be accessible. At any rate, has anyone had success in reading bookshare material on a Mac?

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Greg Kearney
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0