[macvoiceover] Re: upgrade or clean install?

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:43:54 +0100

well I can personally vouch for this. I got back 20 gig that I have been missing for a while, and then the sl free space. I had before installing 120 gig free on a 160 drive, including OS obviously, now I have 138.6 or something to that effect. all I can say is

woooooooooww

On Aug 29, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Larry Smith wrote:

Hi list. I just spoke with 3 apple tech support persons. Each one said that
whether you perform a clean install or upgrade, your hard disk will be
erased because snow leopard is a totally new operating system. I was told
that the difference is the upgrade will preserve your data/file etc.
Hopefully this will help some of us in making our decision of which way to
go.