[macvoiceover] update lost sounds on the mac

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:53:43 +0100

I would just like to thank everyone who tried to help me. and fortunately it was something so simple which i do believe someone on here suggested but I could not try this as the people with eyes in my house are either computer illiterate or use the other platform and struggle doing that. yes, I'm the tech geek in my house lol. but to update, the mac is healthy, it was due to my usb headset that seems to be having issues and desperately needs replacing. it kept saying it was drawing too much power and would disconnect itself. when it has done this before it has automatically used the internal speakers which I have connected to my external speakers but this time, for some reason it chose to default to sound flower and those of you who know, know it will not output sound lol. so I had a nice chat with the girl in the store, had a star bucks and spent some time with my little sis so it wasn't the end of the world and I discovered my windows machine is a good thing to still have around. even if I don't like it much. lol. but thanks to everyone and note to all of those of you who have problems with USB headsets, throw them away and don't let voice over go silent lol. :)

thanks Marie