[macvoiceover] Re: taking shots of voice over

  • From: John Gunn <gunn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:13:45 -0600

Marty:

Tho make things a little easier, I would just take a picture of the entire which is shift-command 3. The picture is a .tiff and while doing the above, this creates a file.

I guess it's better then having too much information then not enough. smile

For more keyboard shortcuts, under system preferences, go under hardware to keyboard and mouse then select the keyboard shortcut tab.

Hope this helps and good luck.  smile

John

On Mar 7, 2009, at 12:33 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I had written the list regarding a possible problem with mail,
and audio highjack pro, where, after a few links down in the mail
message, the mouse would get stuck, and I'd have to re-start mail, so,
they wrote back, and asked me to take screen shots of some of my voice
over settings, though they didn't say which settings they wanted, so,
how would I take a shot of just the voice over settings, without
involving the other parts of the screen?  I have an article I found,
but it was last updated in 2004, and I don't know how to drag and drop,
so just wondering about this, and here is the article.
Article: 61544
In addition to the Grab application, you can also use keyboard
shortcuts to take
pictures of the screen in Mac OS X.
To take a picture of the whole screen, press Command-Shift-3.
To take a picture of part of the screen, press Command-Shift-4 and drag
to select
the area you want.
The picture is saved as a TIFF file on your Desktop. Note
: Mac OS X 10.2 and later saves pictures as PDF files. See document
107078 "
Mac OS X 10.2: Screen Shots Are Saved in PDF, May Be Converted
" for additional information.
To copy the screen capture to the Clipboard instead of saving it as a
file, press
Control-Command-Shift-3 to copy the entire screen to the Clipboard, or
Control-Command-Shift-4
to copy the selected range to the Clipboard.

Marty