[macvoiceover] Re: taking a Mac break!

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:50:37 -0400

there is no disagreeing or agreeing here. perhaps the addressbook is something you haven't yet mastered, but the fact of its accessibility is evident in that many use it who are blind on a daily basis.

To offer a friendly suggestion, instead of putting the mac on the shelf, why not use it along with using your other thing. it will take some of the strain off while still allowing you to move forward and do your self a favor and lock up your emotions?
On Aug 6, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I think we may need to just agree to disagree about the accessibility or lack thereof of the address book. My experience yesterday with that app, combined with some other concerns, has given me pause. I have therefore decided to shut the Mac down, and take a break for a while, to give myself time to think about the experiences I’ve had.

Also, unfortunately, I really need to get my email volume down. Between 11:30 last night and 7 this morning, I had received 85 new email messages! So, I will also be taking a brief hiatus from this list. I do think I’ll be back; regardless of what I decide about the current incarnation of the Mac, I am very interested to see what things will look like after SL is released. This is a great list, and I really appreciate everyone’s help over the last weeks. If you want to write me off-list, please do so. You can do so at goodindo@xxxxxxxx
Take good care everyone,
Donna