[macvoiceover] Re: still couldn't find video in system profiler with snow leopard

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:58:03 -0400

can you change the display in the displays in system prefs?

On Sep 29, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I did go in to the options tab in displaysand it said, tv best for viewing, and the check box was dimned, so I wonder if that means something regarding the dvi to video adapter not working with snow leopard, where it worked with leopard?

On Sep 29, 2009, at 8:42 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Keith, I have 2gb of ram in my computer, but the mac mini's last year only came with 1gb of ram, so I paid extra to get the extra ram.

On Sep 29, 2009, at 8:21 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Marty,

How much RAM do you have in your computer. Apple highly recommends at least 2 GIG for SnowLeopard.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 29, 2009, at 11:05 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

there does not seem to be a way to do this and it shouldn't matter anyway.

Hi David, where would one do this at?
--Original Message Text---
From: David Poehlman
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:30:11 -0400

anyway to increase the color depth?
On Sep 29, 2009, at 10:22 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi David and all, I did see graphics and displays, and here is what I have, pasted from the system profiler dialog.Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
NTSC/PAL:
Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Interlaced: Yes
Television: Yes

Marty
On Sep 29, 2009, at 7:13 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi David, I do see something about graphics, but wasn't sure if that was the correct thing, so I'll check there, and see what I have.
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:09:39 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

you see nothing about graphics/displays in the table of contents of
system profiler?

On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:02 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I still couldn't find anything regarding video, but under disc burning, it said I had a pioneer drive that read both cd's and dvd's,
but I went all the way down to software, and the only way I could
navigate in the table was to press vo down arrow, and I found nothing about video, or no specific word regarding video in the table list, so
I don't know what this means, but if what I suspect to be true, this
is a grave disappointment, and I may have to go back to leopard if
this busy, busy stuff doesn't stop.

> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty

Marty