[macvoiceover] Re: state of cursor tracking: in snow leopard

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:30:29 -0400

or someone else did. we need a way to know these things if they are going to have this kind of impact.

On Sep 7, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Ok, but why would you need to query it and why would this be a problem? It shouldn't be off unless you deliberately turned it off, should it?

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

On Sep 7, 2009, at 11:25 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

if you toggle it, you are changing the state, not quirying it.

On Sep 7, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

David:
somehow I'm finding your post confusing. what do you mean about not knowing the state of the cursor? Is it changing to on or off by itself? And even if it is, isn't it easy to check whether it's on or off with pokeys-shift-f3. I must be misunderstanding what you mean.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight,
O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14  Bible KJV)

On Sep 6, 2009, at 10:58 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

All;

I've just spent the past three days fighting isues that turned out to be related to the state of the cursor tracking toggle. Try this: turn off cursor tracking, Open itunes, choose radio from sources, interact with the "songs" table and pick a jenre, pick a stream and press enter and nothing happens.

Now, repeat the above proced ure with cursor tracking turned on. sadly, there is no way to know in advance without doing this if cursor tracking is on or off.

This will also affect other things like whether or not a keyboard commander activity will function.