[macvoiceover] slightly ot: my bluetooth under vmware saga

  • From: "Tasha Raella Chemel" <tashiegirl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:18:46 -0500

So I know this is off topic, but  thought someone here would be able to help.
The story: mobilespeak on my smartphone has stopped working, so I'm trying to
reinstall it. I no longer have my data cable, so am trying to figure out how to
get my phone to connect via bluetooth in activesynch. I'm running vmware and
windows xp pro. I installed the bluetooth drivers from bootcamp. After the
installation, I reconnect bluetooth and the windows software  installation
wizard comes up with an error that it can't install the software because the
inf file is missing an necessary entry, and that it  might be written for
windows 1995 or earlier. I google this error message, download a bth.inf file,
put it in the proper place, uninstall and disconnect bluetooth, reinstall the
bootcamp drivers, and the error still comes up. I use the software update
wizard and manually select the bth.inf file, still the same error. Any help
with this would be much appreciated, as I really want to get my phone talking
again. Oh, and I don't really have sighted assistance to help me install the
mss cab files.
-tasha