[macvoiceover] skype update on iphone

  • From: Peter Durieux <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 00:57:52 +0200

Hi Listers,

Today there was an update for the skype application on the iphone.,
The newest version allows you to make skype calls over  the 3g network.
I've 2 things about the latest update:
1) 4 voice over commands don't work anymore that worked before:
The two finger flick up for read the hole screen, the read from cursor and the
irritating one swiping right or left don't bring you to the previous or next
element on screen.
the only way you can use   right now is dragging your finger on the screen and
voice over announces what you touch.
So all users of the skype application with voice over should report this as a
bug and hopefully the guys at skype will fix this soon as possible.

2) This is jut a remark, the update says that skhype to skype over 3g will be
free until the end of august and then they will charge a bit for skype to skype
calls.

This was just for info and please report this to skype. The more reports maybe
the faster a fix will be available.

Kind regards

-Peter