[macvoiceover] Re: signature help

  • From: Ray Foret jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:41:10 -0600

Allen,

you came very close to finding it.  IF you click preferences, you'll find that
there are a number of tabs which can be accessed by interacting with the tool
bar; at least, that's how it is on my system.  Signatures is one of those tabs.
 Press VO+space on it and then you can set up your signature.  Be aware,
however, that this part of mail is a little buggy and so, it may crash on you
from time to time when you try to go in to the signatures section.  First thing
you'll come to is the accounts table.  This table controls what groups of
signatures you work with.  Each account is able to have its own set of
signatures.  At the top of this table, (and it's the default selection), is
"all signatures".  Some have found that it's best to select this item in the
table.  For my part, I've found this to be inconsistent between working best in
the "all signatures" selection and the selection which has the name of my
active e-mail account.  For this, you'll just have to fool around until you
find the setting most stable for you.  From here on out, you can use VO+right
arrow to navigate through the items you need to control.  It's pretty self
explanatory from this point on; but, just one note.  When you press VO+space to
make a new signature, you'll delete "signature 1" and type the actual name for
the signature.  This will not be your name; but instead, this will be the
signature name in the menu of signatures from which you can choose.  Next,
you'll need either to tab or shift+tab away from this field because you can't
get out of it using VO+right or left.  Next, if you VO+right, you'll notice the
actual text of the signature; which will, by default, contain your name and
e-mail address.  Type what you really want there.  Next, You can use VO+right
to manipulate the rest of the controls in this section.  They pretty much
explain themselves.

HTH.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!