[macvoiceover] Re: shutting down a Mac

  • From: "Daniel McGee" <mc-g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:45:47 -0000

Hi just want to agree with shutting down the Mac well thats to say powering off the Mac. I know I am a windows user but I'm telling you all now whatever you do do not and I repeat do not, shut down your mac wwith the power button way! I say this because a few months ago my computer was being really slow and its only two years old and its the first time it happened. But with Jaws or something else my system would crash from time to time and jaws wouldn't respond so there for I had to hit the power button on my keyboard which was the only way to shut it down. And what happened well your right after time it just got slower and slower eventually crashing completly! So then I had to call out a technician and he took my computer and i'm asuming reinstalled everything. And I said to him that my computer just got slower and slower and I had to keep pressing the power button on my keyboard to make it shut down. Basicly in summary do not power off your computer weather a button is on the keyboard or on the computer of course not unless its a last thing. Otherwise you will be paying alot of money to someone who would be able to reinstall it. Frankly I wish microsoft would pervide a talking install I must admit that doing a reinstall of the Mac OS with a talking installer is ausum!

Daniel