[macvoiceover] Re: selecting non-sequential text

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:59:41 -0700

Hi all, I think the confusion might lie in the fact that first, you
need to turn your cursor tracking off with vo f3 as stated, and then
interact with the table after using first letter navigation to get to
the first item you wish to select, and at that point, after you've
interacted with the table, press vo down arrow, which will still cause
the first item to be selected, because it was already selected, and
then, pressing vo down arrow again puts the other items in a
non-selected state, where you must press vo command space bar to select
these, but it seems that in list mode, you don't hear selected, or
unselected, so try going to column mode, where you'll get the browser,
and then when you vo command space bar on an item, it will say
selected, but this doesn't always work, for example, in the program
transmit, when I tried this, I couldn't get it to say selected either
in list or column mode, and even I still have trouble with this.  I did
write apple with a suggestion around this, and I hope they consider
this in snow leopard, or a future update.
--Original Message Text---
From: patrickneazer
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 15:50:19 -0400

Hello David and all:

OK (grin). It is a tie (grin). Not counting my vote because I am bias
(grin).

David is correct that it is not necessary to turn cursor tracking back
on. The only reason I placed that in there was because if you forget to
turn it back on and then attempt to do some other functions, especially
copying and pasting functions, strange things might happen (grin).

What? No cookies? Hmm, this could be a problem (grin).
On Aug 6, 2009, at 3:40 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

it works and you don't even have to turn cursor tracking back on.
Sorry, I have no cookies.
On Aug 6, 2009, at 3:01 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Marcy and all:

Attempting to get in quickly on the cookie offer (wink). My address is:
*****

Have you given the turning off cursor tracking option a shot? If not,
you might want to give that a shot. If you have tried it and it did not
work, please write back quickly. Do not wish to miss the cookie
(smile).

1. Enter addressbook.

2. Move to your list of contacts.

3. Press VO shift + f3. You should hear cursor tracking off.

4. To highlight the names you want press vo command spacebar. to move
down the list press VO + down arrow. When you get to another name you
wish to highlight press vo command + spacebar.

5. When you are done with all of the names you wish to highlight press
command C to copy.

6. Press VO shift + f3 to turn cursor tracking back on.

7. Move to where you wish to place the names and press command v.

Let us know if that works.

C is for cookie and that's good enough for me (grin). If you know that
reference you are in trouble.
On Aug 6, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hello, everybody!
Okay, here it is... I mentionned that I don't kno how to select names
in my contact list that aren't sequential.  well, it would save me a
whole bunch of time if I knew how to do that!  So, can anybody help me
with this?  I'd be really grateful and appreciative!  I'll even send
you a cookie!  Thanks!  Marcy
--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Take good care and I wish you enough.

Love

Me