[macvoiceover] Re: quick nav or not to quick nav: was: Re: Re: links in mail

  • From: Stephanie <mumwith2kids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:56:44 +1100

What exactly is this?
I can't wait to get my mac book pro tomorrow for Christmas.
Steph
At 09:24 AM 24/12/2009, you wrote:
You know Judy, it's funny you should mention quick nav. When I first got my Mac book Pro, I told myself that I'd almost never use the regular command+option combination for the VO+* key strokes; instead, I'd use only quick nav or else the Mac compatible number keypad. Guess what, though, I did start out using quick nav for maybe the first week or so; but now, I find, (perhaps ironically), that I almost never use quick nav anymore. I must admit quite frankly that I surprised myself when I discovered that I now usually use the regular VO keys. Why, I think maybe I know why. It has to do with web navigation. If I'm entering a password in a password field, I can't use quick nav to get quickly to the next field or button but must use the regular VO keys. As for the USB number keypad, That's another physical piece of equipment to lug around and so I just don't do it. When I have my Mac book Pro on my lap in my living room and I'm watching a DVD in 5.1 channel sound on my AV receiver, the last thing I want is to worry about my USB number key pad. I find myself drifting more and more away from quick nav; which, I must say, really is not what I expected. Still, it might be good to play with it just to keep in practice.

Thanks for the reminder that it even exists.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray!!!

Now a Mac User!!!

Phone:
+1 (985) 360-3614

E-mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net

Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Dec 23, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

I asked the original question and was chagrined the answer was so easy, bt I want to add that I'm now doing many things with quick-nav such as opening docs, expanding the attachments toggle, etc. saves a keystroke or two.
Judy