[macvoiceover] Re: question about the keyboard rotar in snow leopard

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:13:23 -0400

Yes, this is the point. Basically, in the strictest of terms, what was done was illegal. Someone most likely broke an NDA or was party to it. Apple, from what I have heard and read, is not forgiving on this point. So, as informational as that might have been, it is not something to be glorified or praised.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jun 21, 2009, at 1:20 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

it is not out yet. anyone who knows anything about it cannot discuss it. capish?

On Jun 21, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

No, we don't need to ignore it. Just because it didn't come from Apple doesn't mean the information there is not relevant or useful.

On Jun 21, 2009, at 06:02, David Poehlman wrote:

we need to ignore that podcast. when further info is available publicly through appropriate chanels, we'll se it here I can guarantee that.

On Jun 21, 2009, at 4:31 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, if the person who did the introduction to snow leopard happens to be on the list, I was wondering about the keyboard rotar in snow leopard. We know that vo u now includes the link chooser, the item chooser, web hot spots, and there might be one other thing, but the way the rotar was demonstrated in the podcast, the person navigated to the link chooser, and pressed enter to move through the links, and I'm wondering, if we can navigate to the item chooser, or the link chooser, and type the link or item we want, and have our choices narrowed down to what we have typed as it is now, because I would hate to lose the link chooser, which I use regularly to get to certain places on a web site. Thanks in advance, and if the person who did the podcast is not on the list, could somebody forward this question to them, and once again, thanks in advance.

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams