[macvoiceover] Re: putting a website link on the desktop?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:21:00 -0500

yes, but it's a cached paged. if I wanted a live page on the desktop I wouldn't know a way to do it.

On Jan 17, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

David,

It does put the link, in this case, on the desktop and it does say that it is an "HTML" file. It looks like a web arkyve, but most importantly, it works.

Keith
On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:46 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

interesting, save as would put the whole page there would it not?

On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

David,

I found that if you open the page, go into menus and do a save as, you can put the link where you want it.

Thanks.

Keith

On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:07 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

sorry Keith, that does not work.. The only way I know to do this would be to create a file with the link in it and drop the file on your desktop. I'm still loooking.

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hello every one,

Can some one tell me how to put a website link on the desktop? I do it so seldom that I just forgot.

Thanks.

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover