[macvoiceover] Re: putting a website link on the desktop?

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:59:31 -0700

It decodes vanity phone numbers like  1-800-the-Macs into normal numbers

Greg Kearney
On Jan 17, 2007, at 13:25 , Richard Most wrote:

Thank you for the script. What is the vanityphone application?

On Jan 17, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Greg Kearney wrote:

OK I wrote a AppleScript that will make webloc URL files. You can get it from my public iMac folder my iMac name is gregkearney This script will make a .url file that is cross platform meaning it will work both in Mac and Windows. the iMac disk has both the script file and the script application. You run this and what ever page you are on a webloc url file for that page will be created on the desktop. This does not save the whole page just the location to the page. Put it in your Safari scripts folder ~/Library/ Scripts/Applications/Safari and launch it from the script menu.

Hope this helps.

Greg Kearney
On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:21 , David Poehlman wrote:

yes, but it's a cached paged. if I wanted a live page on the desktop I wouldn't know a way to do it.

On Jan 17, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

David,

It does put the link, in this case, on the desktop and it does say that it is an "HTML" file. It looks like a web arkyve, but most importantly, it works.

Keith
On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:46 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

interesting, save as would put the whole page there would it not?

On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

David,

I found that if you open the page, go into menus and do a save as, you can put the link where you want it.

Thanks.

Keith

On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:07 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

sorry Keith, that does not work.. The only way I know to do this would be to create a file with the link in it and drop the file on your desktop. I'm still loooking.

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hello every one,

Can some one tell me how to put a website link on the desktop? I do it so seldom that I just forgot.

Thanks.

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover