[macvoiceover] playing AAC audio files

  • From: Mark Baxter <markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:46:11 -0700

Everyone tells me that AAC files are native to the Mac. They tels\l me Itunes should be able to play them, as should QuickTime. However, whenever I try to open an AAC file with either appellation, Itunes treats it as a "document," and won't play it, and QuickTime informs me that "this is not a movie file, and I don't know what to do with it." Why will AAC files not play on my Macbook? It seems silly...

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: