[macvoiceover] Re: os 10 update

  • From: chantel cuddemi <jawsgirl87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:54:28 -0400

Yes, the udate was successful. Like David said if your mac didn't start up twice, the update was not installed successfullly. But yours was fine, so you don't need to worry.

On May 13, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Then here's my question... When I hit restart and it did not, I pressed the power button till the system shut down. I powered it up again, and after the first chime, maybe 20 seconds later, I heard the familiar start up and chime again, and then Alex started up as usual. Now, the os 10 update does not appear when I check for updates, and in about my mac the os 10.5.7 is listed. So, was the update successful or not? And if not, now what do I do? Thanks! Marcy
On May 13, 2009, at 7:46 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

caution.

if your system does not restart twice on it's own, the update was not successful.

On May 13, 2009, at 6:25 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

I just got mine installed. I hit the button to restart and it took a very long time. I finally powered it off and back on, and checked for updates again and the os 10 update is nno longer in the table. I ran permissions repair, so hopefully I'm good to go! Probably too many folks doing the update last night, as was the thinking then! Marcy
On May 13, 2009, at 6:07 AM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

This is weird. I just installed my update and it worked just fine...

Ignasi
On May 12, 2009, at 10:00 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi again today, everyone,
The first time I tried to install the os 10 update, it was over halfway through and the internet signal was momentarily interrupted, interrupting the update. So, I tried again. After a few moments, I got the following error message: The update mac os 10 update cannot be saved. The digital signature for this package is incorrrect. The package may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by Apple.
So, now what do I do?  Marcy
--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,