[macvoiceover] Re: odd behavior with Itunes

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:34:42 -0400

Dave,

I know iTunes makes its own folders, I just thought that importing a large collection from a single monstrous pile might cause iTunes to lose its mind. Of all of the programs I use on the Mac, iTunes seems to be the most flaky so I tossed out the smaller chunks to import as a theory that may make a difference. I also wanted to show off just how meticulously organized I am and how I am, therefore, superior to everyone else on Earth >laugh>.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Mar 9, 2009, at 12:09 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

actually, Itunes makes its own folders.

On Mar 9, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

I also imported my collection from an external disk made using XP and Vista but virtually everything was in sub-folders that went major genre/minor genre/artist/album/songs so the iTunes import may have been made easier by my organized sources.

cdh

On Mar 8, 2009, at 3:58 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

that might be the issue then. it being a playlist. I'm no expert but I imported all of my music from an external harddrive into itunes by folders.

On 8 Mar 2009, at 19:42, Mark Baxter wrote:

I only have one library; Music, it's a huge playlist.

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: