[macvoiceover] Re: not sure how to permanently delete messages in mail

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:15:38 -0400

command-shift-delete will empty the trash.

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Sam, just press the delete key when you've finished reading a message, then, when you've read all your messages, vo left arrow to the mailboxes table, and arrow down to trash, then vo right arrow to the messages table, and do command a to select them all, then press delete, and it will say either no selection, or none selected, can't remember which, and your messages will be deleted. There is an option for keeping your messages in the trash for various lengths of time, and I may have left mine on the week selection, but I forget where that is in mail preferences with command comma.
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:11:25 -0400, samtroia wrote:

In my inbox I select all messages and press command delete but then
they appear in my inbox once again. How do I make sure they're
permanently deleted? Also, do I have to go to trash and permanently
delete those as well?

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty