[macvoiceover] nfb trashes voiceover:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:10:43 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anne Robertson <conseil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: June 10, 2009 3:50:14 AM EDT
To: Snow Leopard <seedvosnowleopard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: And a beta tester wrote this

Hello everyone,

I just read this article and noticed that it was written by someone on this list. I wouldn't mind if the observations were fair and reasonable, but they're not.

Who ever heard of anyone learning to use Windows with Jaws without training? Apple is being held to a completely different standard from any other hardware or software or screenReader provider.

Here's the link:
All;

While not surprising, This article certainly shows a good deal of what the nfb is all about here and this after they went around saying they were responsible for apple making ITunes and the IPod accessible.

http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm09/bm0906/bm090606.htm