[macvoiceover] Re: new user, some questions

  • From: Test Account <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:40:17 -0400

Do you have a Mac store near you?
On Mar 31, 2008, at 5:10 PM, William Windels wrote:

Hello ,
I am a new blind mac user out Belgium.

At the moment , I haven't a mac yet but I am planing to buy one.

I should use a handytech braille star as braille display, is this a good
model?

I have now a old linux desktop with debian and a windows xp laptop.

I have tested a mac for 2 short times and I had some problems to have a
real good start:
- how can I change the brailletable of the system?
 currently , only US-table is available and normal, I use the
 German one.
 Can I chose another, or adapt this table easily?
- is there also a Dutch voice available instead the English voice?
- I have troubles to read texts in the default editor of the mac and
 also in ms word (for mac).
 My braille cursor is not following by default.
- I have read something about a vo-cursor.
 Is this something like the jawscursor in jaws for windows?
 So you can move the mouse-cursor with the arrow-keys.
How can I activate this cursor and can I access the click-functions of
 the mouse with this cursor?

At the moment, I have found the following shortcuts:

- apple+tab: switch between applications
- ctrl+F2: open program-menus
- command F5: start/stop voice-over
- control-option-f2 (2 x chort): list switch open windows;
- Control F8: activates statusmenu's (battery, bluetooth)
- command+, : preferences and options of a specific program

Where Can I find more (recent) documentation and tips for using voice over?

thanx in advance,
William Windels