[macvoiceover] Re: new function in Leopard mail in messages table.

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:45:08 -0400

no, it was windows navigation and apple has had it for quite some time. te gets you text edit.

On Oct 27, 2007, at 5:38 PM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

Maybe I should have said from a Windows user perspective. When you navigate a menu in Windows you can use first letter navigation, when I asked the lists if this could be done in Tiger using VO. Most said no or didn't know what I was talking about. When I tried it it wworked but the VO way. If you attempt to use first letter navigation in your applications folder and type T for Textedit and you have another program that begins with T as well but it may be Tables, then once you are in that folder you can type TA and it will say Tables. So in short I took JAWS navigation with Windows and attempted to utilize it in Tiger using VO.
On Oct 27, 2007, at 5:24 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

jaws from a vo kind of way?

On Oct 27, 2007, at 4:14 PM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

I hope that didn't come across the wrong way. Yes I am still on Tiger and I can do it. I try allot of things from JAWS and most work, but in a VO kind of way.
On Oct 27, 2007, at 9:01 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I never was able to lock into a column in mail with tiger and just arrow
On Oct 26, 2007, at 11:11 PM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

Now you do know this feature is in Tiger as well.
On Oct 26, 2007, at 9:44 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

Tired of hearing all of the junk in the messages table? Well, try interacting with the messages table and then VO keys-right arrow to the right to the name, subject line, or, what ever you wish, then arrow up and down and hear just that part of the message list as you arrow up and down.
up and down.

cool Apple!