[macvoiceover] need a new scanner

  • From: "a radix" <anouk.r@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:51:40 +0200

Hello everyone, sorry if this is ot although i am planning to use this with the
mac if readiris does for me what I need that is which i still have to test, yes
slow I know.
At the moment i use a hp 5590 scanner which is nice, it has a sheetfeeder for
50 pages although i mostly use it with about 20 because I hate paperjams, i
have killed one of my scanenrs in the past when i was too rough when removing
papers (i and technica lgadgets dont go together, i am too impatient), the
scanner scans both sides of a page which is nice because i scan books with it,
(i let them be cut apart and then scan them, this does not work with very
glossy or small papges htough, i mean thin) but it does this mechanically which
gives even more opportunity for paper jams because the paper remains in the
scanner longer. I know there is the hp 7000 and 8000 series which probbably do
this automatically  and I have been thinking about bookscanners (that scan a
whole book at once) that would truly be nice because I would not have to have
books cut up, but on the other hand i also sometimes need to scan articles or
laws or judgements and those will still be loose pages and I dont have place
for two scanners near my computer so I guess thats out of the question.
I have noticed that hp seems the only company that offers these sophisticated
sheetfeeder scanners that do both sides of a page automatically, does anyone
know if there are other brands that offer these kind of scanners (and that work
with hte mac of course?)
If you want to mail me off list you can reach me at anouk.r@xxxxxxx skype
anouk.radix
Thanks in advance for any information