[macvoiceover] Re: microsoft office and voiceover

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 05:49:28 -0400 (EDT)

Microsoft Office is inaccessible for the mac and Microsoft officially
has no interest in changing that situation.  A member of the blind-l
list wrote the director of Microsoft's accessibility division and asked
why it is Microsoft office isn't accessible on voiceover and was told
that it isn't the business of the Accessibility Division to intrude on
another Division and tell the developers in that division how to write
their code.  It appears the largest purpose for Microsoft's
Accessibility division is window dressing.