[macvoiceover] Re: mass tagging in itunes

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:00:15 -0700

Hi Sam, Steve Sawczyn commented on this very thing on his assistive technology show on Wednesday at

http://www.atmaine.com
and said that he didn't like the comcept of itunes always having to add to a library, and that if things weren't propperly id3 tagged, that they couldn't be found, so for what it's worth, you might want to give the latest Wednesday show from a couple days ago a listen in the archives.

On Oct 23, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Sam Troia wrote:

Ok, but are you searching for these untagged items in itunes itself? Doing the search that way I generally can't get the entire album to come up. If I browse my music drive in finder, there's no way to then get that folder into itunes. Perhaps I'm missing some crucial element.

On Oct 23, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

Hello,

I'm a little confused. What do you mean you can only add 1 song at a time? Well when I have a bunch of stuff I want to put in iTunes and tag, I find what I want to add. For example a folder full of stuff from the stones. I check how many songs are in the folder then I add it to iTunes. Then I go to my recently added playlist. Now the content of the folder you just added is all together either at the beginning or end of the songs table depending on how you have it set up. Highlight the group of songs and press command I. now you can group tag artist, album, genre, and so on.

hth
On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:55 PM, Sam Troia wrote:

Hi, all,

I'm building a very large playlist in itunes and, since my library is very old, a great many of the older things don't have id3 tags which makes it a royal pain to search for these albums and songs since itunes really doesn't like things with no tags. Is there a way of mass tagging a given album assuming I could get it into itunes as a whole in the first place? I would like to correct a lot of this but I haven't found any way of getting these albums into itunes as a whole except for one lousy song at a time. Of course since itunes won't make album names from folder names, these albums can't be browsed for in any way. I don't hold out much hope but any help to make this job easier is very welcome. Thanks.