[macvoiceover] Re: mal ware

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:36:32 -0600

I wonder if there is an actual crown prince of Nigeria out there wondering,
"why doesn't anyone reply to my emails?" Would make a great Saturday Night Live
sketch if it hasn't already been done.

Back to the idea of protection, in the Windows world the interfaces for the
varous ati-virus programs were often troubling. Anyone know about the VoiceOver
accessibility of the offerings for the Mac?

Ian

On 2012-04-26, at 10:33 AM, Bryan Duarte wrote:

> Ha Ha I love that! Yes that is my point exactly. How can you have a great
> uncle from Nigeria and I have one who is leaving me his money when I know my
> great uncle and he has never been out of Phx Az? Oh maybe it was my brotha
> from another motha who had a son and he married into the royal family and
> remembered me... But then what does that do for you? The mystery remains...
> THats great man!!!
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 9:30 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:
>
>> Brian, if you can't trust the exiled crown prince of Nigeria to take care of
>> your money, who can you trust?
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> On 2012-04-26, at 10:22 AM, Bryan Duarte wrote:
>>
>>> I would further advise that if you have a home net work that you be sure to
>>> protect that network to the best of your ability as well. The Mac is not a
>>> Windows machine. The OS is very different. creating viruses, catching
>>> viruses, and removing them is very different. If you are concerned with
>>> your safty try the following.
>>>
>>> 1. Set your user acount to guest not admin. Only an admin can install
>>> things therefore it will cut down on a virus being installed accidentally.
>>> 2. only visit web sites you are confident in.
>>> 3. Do not mess with emails when you do not know who the sender is.