[macvoiceover] Re: mac micro soft, accessable or not

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:53:34 -0700

Microsoft Office is not accessible on the Mac. Many, many blind people
have stated as much, so I have no idea where the Apple store person you
spoke with got their info. There was a report on this or another mac
accessibility list, I forget which one, stating that the beta for the
new version is also not accessible, because the area that displays text
is not seen by voice over. If that report is true, then it looks like
there will be a long wait before another chance at Office accessibility
on the Mac. thanks a lot, Microsoft!

Mary