[macvoiceover] Re: itunes spoken text

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:15:57 -0400

Hi, William,

This can be done in terminal with a text file only.

1. in system preferences, set the system voice you want to speak the file.
2. Make sure the file you want to convert is in your home folder (users/[your
home folder name]).
3. For this example, the file to be converted is "example.txt".
4. In terminal, type the following command:
say -f example.txt -o example.aiff

5. Press enter.
6. Look for example.aiff in your home folder.
7. Press command-o, iTunes will open and the file will play.

Marcy

On Apr 21, 2010, at 4:49 PM, William Windels wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have just discovered the spoken text feature in itunes.
> It translates texts to audio with the itunes program.
> It works fine for English texts.
>
> I have also some dutch voices installed on my macbook.
>
> Can I change somewhere the voice to use with the text to speech option from
> Itunes?
>
> thanx in advance,
> best regards,
> William>