[macvoiceover] Re: itunes

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 13:51:25 -0600

Looks like nobody else has jumped in, so I'll give it a go with fairly limited
experience, but maybe just enough to cover the situation.

First of all, any chance you've recently come to Mac from the Windows
environment? Maybe with Winamp experience? That's what got me and had me
playing the Makarena accidentally at an Irish party. In Winamp you can select a
directory in Windws Explorer then let Winamp play the folder contents.

In Mac and iTunes things are different. Things are driven by playlists rather
than folders. You seem to be able to play individual songs from a Finder
window, but when the song is over it reverts to the current playlist in iTunes.

At the top of your source list in iTunes, you have the music source, classified
as a library playlist. Stop interacting with your source list, VO right arrow
to the music table, interact with it, and you've got a table of all the audio
files on your computer no matter what folder they are in., VO arrow around
through the categories, press space bar on your selection to make it play. If
you've made a playlist, VO shift M on a selection will bring up a context menu
with a sub menu for add to playlist.

Your playlists are down at the bottom of your source list. If anyone knows how
to move them up in the list I'd love to hear about it, so you don't have to
scroll down through everything in your source list to get to them.

I found a podcast from some organization in Australie that did a job explaning
this stuff. If I can find the link again I'll post it to you.

Cheers,

Ian