[macvoiceover] Re: iphone navigon crashes

  • From: patrickneazer <patrickneazer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:15:56 -0400

Hello Cheryl and all:

There is a drastic solution that is recommended on the navigon site (grin). I am not even going to mention it here because they suggest it in the event you are not getting good GPS signal (grin). Those guys are gluttons.

What I might suggest is a restore if you have not done that already and here is why. The lite and the full versions sometimes do not get along well if not uninstalled in the manner it believes it should be uninstalled because the lite version does not contain the navigation feature which does draw more upon the resources of the phone ... which I know you know already (smile).

FYI. I know that you know if you are downloading the app onto your phone you get that progress announcement if you flick your finger off of the app name and back onto it. If you are downloading the app onto Itunes there is a progress indicator that you may track for long downloads.

Once the download begins go to your sources table and look below the device table. You will see something that says download. Stop interacting with the sources table and vo right arrow until you see the download scroll area. Interact there and you will be able to track the progress of your download.

I do not know how much space on your iphone you have used. It is recommended that when downloading you have at least twice the space required for storing navigon. That would be about 3 gig worth of space ... navigon being about 1.4 gig and a skoash more for the fudge factor (grin).

It takes about 30 minutes to download using a high speed cable connection.

I know the restore idea is something that you might dread given you probably have other apps ... though nothing gets lost if everything is in your apps folder and the backup is current. I had to do it and nothing awful occurred.

I hope some of this information proves helpful to you.

Let us know.
On Aug 11, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

It took forever to download the first time and I wasn't ever sure I ever got the tone that said the download was done bu itunes finally did let me quit at one point without the warning about apps being downloaded. I wish you got a progress dialog when downloading.

No, I don't think it's worked consistently since the second download though that one seemed to go all right.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

Take good care and I wish you enough.