[macvoiceover] Re: iphone 4s

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:27:55 -0400

I find siri to work fine with the dictation button most of the time, except
when the server is busy or down.

I also find that it is better to dictate partially when the text is long, then
put a space and continue dictating in parts until the whole dictation is in.  I
will say, though, that when siri is working to its fullest, a fairly long
passage can be dictated and siri will get the whole thing perfectly!

Marcy

On Mar 26, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Ian Edwards wrote:

You may want to check out the Dragon dictation app. When I checked it out it
was free, and sometimes useful. It was accurate enough for simple messages and
Facebook posts, the obvious downside was that it wasn't integrated into the
message program. So you would dicatate your message, select text message in the
actions menu, then select who it was going to. From the support material it
looks like the Blackberry version is integrated into the message app so you can
dictate directly into an edit field, so perhaps that is coming for the iPhone
version. Maybe it's already here, anyone know?

Ian

        --
Marcy
Hope you're having a nice day!