[macvoiceover] Re: installing orca on the mac?

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:30:56 +0100

Hi Justin,
no, this won't work. Orca requires frameworks provided by the Gnome desktop in
order to work. You are right about both systems being Unix based, but that
alone just isn't enough really. Orca needs the correct APIs and frameworks it
can collect data from, and these are only provided by the Gnome desktop
environment. However, you still could use VmWare Fusion or Virtual Box to run a
virtual Linux, you will have way less trouble with that.
Robin>