[macvoiceover] individual files can be recoered from Time machine backups

Just thought I'd post this, as I thought perhaps it might be useful to know.

If memory serves, someone here was asking about recovery of individual folders
or files from Time machine backups.  This person, if I recall correctly, did
not want to restore their entire system back to any particular time, but
rather, just wanted to retrieve certain files and or folders.  Some of us were
speculating this could be done; while, others, were doubtful.  Well, Now, I'm
here to tell you that, in fact, yes, it can be done.

Just the other night, I did a full Time Machine backup to October 4th; but
then, I realized that I had files which I had created for more recent backups
but which I wanted back.  Of course, when I did the Time machine restoration,
those files got erased from my main hard drive.  I manually went in to my Time
Machine disk and selected a more recent backup and opened it.  There, I saw an
image of the drive exactly as it had recently ben.  From that point, I was able
to navigate to the files I wanted, and then, cut and paste them in to the
places I needed them to be.

When I went to open the files, I found I could in fact do so.  Just for the
sake of being doubly sure, I disconnected my Time Machine backup disk from my
Mac and tried again.  sure enough, there were the files I retrieved; and, I
could in fact open and manipulate them.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!