[macvoiceover] Re: importing my music into itunes

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:03:00 -0400

To import into itunes, you need to press command-o which is ad to library, you can do this in one of two ways. one is to put all your music into the music/itunes/itunes music folder under your name and then ad to library. the other and you have two options with this, you can ad to library directly from the other drive and either keep the files on the drive in which case you have to hav the drive plugged in in order to play it or have itunes copy the content onto the computer as it is added. there is a checkbox in itunes preferences under advance which is checked by default for copying files when they are added.

One other way to do this is to create an itunes library on the external drive and import your music into that by adding to library and then you have everything on one drive.

On Aug 2, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

What's the best way to do this? I have all my music copied onto a portable disk drive, so my plan was to just copy it into the correct folder. I know that's probably very Windows, but wasn't sure what else to do. If that is the correct procedure, could someone tell me where to copy it? (David I think you sent this once, and I think it's in the mailbox that I am currently unable to acess. So sorry for asking again.)

If this is not the best way to do this, could someone please tell me what is?
Thanks,
Donna