[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone - iPod App

...and if you want to do it with the flat of your finger, hold the finger out, move the hand with the finger on the screen and do not touch the screen before or after the flick. in other words, the flick begins as you touch the screen and ends when you lift your finger at the end of it. the entire time your finger is on the screen, it is moving. the side of the finger flick is an easier one to explain because here, you can hold the hand steady and move the finger extending and retracting it slightly as you flick up or down or left or right. again, the entire time the finger is in contact with the screen, it is moving.

On Aug 3, 2009, at 2:12 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

it is a tough couple of concepts to get across. I find that gentle quick tap tap works well after flicking. flicking is done with the part of the finger that resides between the tip and the first joint. it is almost like throwing something or waving the tip of your finger. the nice thing about flicking is that you can do it with the side or the flat of the finger but like tapping, it doesn't require a lot of the finger but more than tapping does.

On Aug 3, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I know this might not be your problem, but if you are consistently having problems with the double tap, it may possibly be that you are holding our fingers incorrectly. You want to make sure you don't hold your fingers out too flat and end up using too much of your fingers. You don't have to be exaggerated and stand your fingers on end either but you do need to be sure only the tips of your fingers come down in the tap. I had a lot of trouble tapping in the beginning until I realized that I was getting too much of my finger down and therefore not tapping exactly. Sorry I can't describe better, but if you are having troube with tapping and trouble with flicking there's a good possibility that some adjustment is needed in how you are holding and moving your fingers. One's first reaction is to tap or flick harder but often that isn't the needed adjustment. Wish I could explain this better.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,