[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone - iPod App

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:19:35 -0400

Hi X, <grin>;

What are you two finger tapping?

On Aug 4, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

This may very well be my problem with two finger tapping as I get it right with one finger. I've got swiping working well and remembering not to let my finger rest on the screen before swiping made all of the difference.

I still really like this phone.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Aug 3, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I know this might not be your problem, but if you are consistently having problems with the double tap, it may possibly be that you are holding our fingers incorrectly. You want to make sure you don't hold your fingers out too flat and end up using too much of your fingers. You don't have to be exaggerated and stand your fingers on end either but you do need to be sure only the tips of your fingers come down in the tap. I had a lot of trouble tapping in the beginning until I realized that I was getting too much of my finger down and therefore not tapping exactly. Sorry I can't describe better, but if you are having troube with tapping and trouble with flicking there's a good possibility that some adjustment is needed in how you are holding and moving your fingers. One's first reaction is to tap or flick harder but often that isn't the needed adjustment. Wish I could explain this better.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,