[macvoiceover] iPad!!!

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:22:46 -0500

Okay, it's here. Very unassuming and pretty easy-to-open outer and inner box.
IPad plus sync cable and charger (which connects to sync cable) wrapped
separately. The charger plugs unfold; very nice.

kind of indented slightly circle at what I'll call bottom middle, looks just
like same on iPhone, so I assume it's home button. Usin the home button as
bottom middle reference on surface, jack at top left which is probably for
headphones and button/switch at top right edge--power/screen lock?. Plug-in for
sync cable/charger at bottom center edge; three other rectangular openings/port
to the right of this; on bottom edge toward right corner. Other possible button
and maybe rocker switch on right edge toward top corner. I'm about to register
so don't want to press anything just now.

When you plug your iPad into your computer, iTunes will open and you'll be
presented with an iPad registration scroll area. I had trouble with
registration; I couldn't seem to sin in with my ID; didn't get an error but it
gave me blanks to fill in; I thought the links, which were labelled, and
buttons, which weren't, kind of confusing. I filled everything in and then was
of course told that email address was already in use and to cancel and sign in
with my ID. I cancelled but I was already signed in. Then it told me an iPad
was already synced and gave me the choice of setting up as new iPad or backing
up from (pop-up button) iPhone. I set up as a new iPad; hope that was right.
Universal access is under the summary tab; I almost didn't remember that and
was getting ready to panic!!!

I'm having a serious problem pairing a bluetooth keyboard. The iPad sees my
keyboard but doesn't seem to provide me with the passcode that I need to enter
on my keyboard. If I hit enter on the keyboard, then the password is spoken by
the iPad but unfortunately it then says it was unable to pair and so entering
the passcode given won't do any good. Hope somebody has a solution for this.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Easter story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),