[macvoiceover] Re: how to read some Microsoft Word files on the mac

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 08:00:40 -0400

tell them to save it as a word .97 file.

On May 28, 2010, at 9:38 PM, Candie Stiles wrote:

For the most part, while using the Mac, I have been able to read files others
created in Microsoft Word. However, when I try reading certain ones, I get a
message saying some warnings have occurred, and it asks me if I want to review
them. When I say yes, A table comes up saying there are missing fonts, and all
outside boarders have been removed. When I close the warning message, voice
over will only read one line of text, and the rest will be blank. I converted
the document into a PDF file just to see what would happen, and all the text is
there, however it isn't formated properly. I had someone assist me with my
resume and they used Microsoft Word to create the document. Does anyone no how
I can open the file and keep all the format settings so it prints out
correctly? When I open the file containing my resume, all I can read is the
first line containing my name. When I press the down arrow, voice over
announces I am at the end of the document and doesn't read any further
information.
Candie