[macvoiceover] home and end

  • From: Cheryl Ann Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:02:44 -0500 (CDT)

Okay, the cmd-up- and down arrows work for me in text edit but neither method seems to work in a group of messages in Mail. This is really weird; there used to be one key combination, or two if you count the one for the full keyboard and the one for laptops, that pretty much accomplished this everywhere. It's also strange because in TextEdit vo announces beginning and end of document when you use fn-vo-arrow but it often doesn't actually take you there. This also still is announced as home and end in keyboard help. Now, for the top and bottom of a web page in safari, the fn-vokeys-arrows combinations do appear to work. Seems kind of inconsistent to me. Hmmm, but I see in keyboard help that keyboard combination actually says "goes to visible beginning" and "goes to vissible end" which of course might be different than the actual top and bottom. But it used to actually go to the top in bottom even in text edit. Cmd-up and cmd-down are actually easier to do so I don't mind that but it would be nice if things were consistent.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart