[macvoiceover] Re: hank's link

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:47:27 -0700

Hi Hank, first, go in to system preferences, then select universal access, and there will be four tabs, select the mouse tab with vo space bar, then vo to the right, and make sure that the mouse keys are on by selecting the on radio button, and then, there is a check box to check if you want to to press option 5 times to turn on the mouse keys. Then, close system preferences with command w, and return to your mail message, interact with the scroll area, and vo down arrow to the link that points toward the mp3, and once on it, press vo num pad5, and it will say menu, then use the inverted arrows to down arrow to download linked file, and once there, press vo space bar on this, though safari will not open, but if you go to your downloads folder, the file will be there, provided you haven't changed the location of downloaded files in safari. When I downloaded a 54 megs file yesterday, it was there instantly, and I didn't see any safari window, and it was the same for the d x audio service link today which was 21 megs in size.

On Aug 13, 2009, at 3:25 PM, hank smith wrote:

can I get your exact steps? I am unsure what exactly you did
Hank
On Aug 13, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Hank, I used the mouse keys, and downloaded the 21 megs file, no problem. Incidently, all my cursors are following each other.

On Aug 13, 2009, at 2:11 PM, hank smith wrote:

here is a example
http://www.e-dxn.com/news/audio/2009/dxa0809a.mp3

On Aug 13, 2009, at 4:07 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I need a link to test this with.

On Aug 12, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I tried downloading hank's link from this other machine, and
got a page not found link, so maybe that is the problem.

Marty