[macvoiceover] Re: gmail

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 05:03:52 +1200

Hello,

If you ignore the spam filter in gmail, it will automatically delete the messages after 14 days, I believe. The reason it holds the messages for you for that long is so you can, if you wish, go through the messages and flag those which are not spam so it does not continue blocking legitimate messages.

I ignore the spam folder unless I do not receive messages which I am expecting. I then go through the folder and find any messages which are being inappropriately blocked. Note: this has only occurred a couple of times.

David Chittenden, MS, CRC, MRCAA

May McDonald wrote:
Hi, can someone please tell me if there's a way to delete all the messages at once from the spam folder on the gmail website? I have over 2000 messages under that folder and don't have the time to sit and delete them one by one.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

May and Wynter with a y

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover