[macvoiceover] Re: global search and delete?

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:09:50 -0400

Hi, Donna,
I've seen these files all over windows, in many if not all of my music folders. Each is a system file. How do I know this? Because when I went to delete, I as told I was deleteing a system file, and did I want to continue. I did, and it worked out fine. Far as I know, i lost nothing. By the way, I didn't see them either until someone told me, and I don't remember the reason why, to go into view in my computer, I believe, and check show hidden files. Hope this helps with your understanding just a little. Granted, I don't understand what the system files do, but at least I kno that the desktop.ini files are system files, right? Smile, Marcy
On Aug 3, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I have found that on my disk drive with my music, some program--I'm assuming the one that came with the dis drive--created files named desktop.ini in every single music folder. These files didn't show up in windows, so I only learned they were there when I connected my drive to my Mac. I'd like a faster solution to this than going folder by folder and deleting each one individually. Is there a way to globally delete every desktop.ini on my disk?
Thanks,
Donna

Wordy Mom
Think positive,